Kim Loane has extensive experience in selling and leading very large, complex system integration and business transformation programmes for local and international companies. With a strong technical background, and significant large-scale system integration experience, his work spans the telecommunications, utilities, financial services and manufacturing industries as well as the Australian and Singaporean government sector in tax, finance and defence.
Kim was most recently responsible for managing Accenture’s portfolio of major IT infrastructure outsourcing, infrastructure consulting and business process outsourcing clients across the Asia Pacific Region encompassing Japan, Greater China, India, South Korea, South East Asia, Australia and New Zealand.
His recent responsibilities included leadership of Accenture’s Technology Consulting Practice across Asia Pacific. This Practice provided consulting and delivery projects covering cloud/data-centre, desktop, network, security and IT strategy services using specialist local and off-shore teams.
Kim was responsible for all aspects of this Practice including sales, delivery, risk management, client satisfaction and full financial performance; as well as all aspects of personnel management including hiring, retention, utilisation, remuneration and promotion.
Kim served on the Accenture Operations Global Operating Committee – the senior-most global governing body covering his area of Practice.
Another significant area of responsibility was the management of sales and delivery risks associated with major projects and proposed solutions for clients throughout Asia-Pacific. Kim held the highest level of quality assurance qualifications within Accenture and most recently was responsible for the QA of projects involving:
- Implementation of new security systems at a major Australian Bank;
- Replacement of a telecommunications billing system in Singapore;
- Establishment of a country-wide citizen and business identification system in Singapore;
- Rationalisation and outsourcing of infrastructure across five countries in Asia for a multi-national telecommunications company;
- Upgrade, virtualisation and rationalisation of desktop computers for a multi-national resources company across their global network of subsidiaries;
- Implementation of a replacement registry system for an Australian Financial Services Regulator; and
- Virtualisation of a secure network of desktops for the Australian Defence Department.
Kim has lived and worked in Australia, New Zealand, the USA and Japan and recently retired from Accenture after nearly thirty years of providing Consulting Services to clients in Asia Pacific and North America across all industries.
Kim is a Senior Member of the Australian Computer Society.
Selected Specific Project Delivery Experience
Telecommunications, Media and Entertainment
- Program lead for developing a IT Strategic Plan for the refresh and renewal of all IT systems for a major Asian Telecommunications company. The Strategic Plan was widely accepted and led to a major follow-on transformation program to implement the strategy.
- Client Account Lead for a leading Australian Telecommunications company, responsible for the oversight of Accenture’s Services in all practice areas. This role included business development, the delivery of a portfolio of large and small-scale projects and overall responsibility for client satisfaction and service quality.
- Delivery Lead for a large-scale CRM System Integration project of approximately 50,000 workdays for a leading Australian telecommunications company, with responsibility for all aspects of the successful delivery.
- Program Manager for a major software engineering processes improvement program, based on the Capability Maturity Model, for a leading Australian telecommunications company. Software engineering techniques and procedures were substantially improved across a 450-person workforce.
- Program Manager for a successful gain-sharing programme to improve the productivity of a 250-person application development group, including improved software engineering techniques and an extensive function-point based measurement initiative to achieve a measured, 25% improvement in productivity over a two-year period.
- Temporary CIO (secondment) at an Australian Financial Services Regulator, reviewing the approach to replacing and upgrading some of the critical systems. Subsequently assisted the permanent CIO with preparation for a Gateway Review of the project.
- QA reviewer for multiple projects over 2-3 years for the Australian Defence Department. The projects involved the migration of major systems between data centres and for upgrades to secure and secret PC Networks.
- Technical architect on a large custom application development project for a New Zealand government agency. Also responsible for the technical support team, providing support to several concurrent application development projects, monitoring and reporting on production performance and preparing the agency’s mainframe capacity plan.
- Developed Accenture’s System Integration methodology and toolsets in the USA and Japan, then trained Accenture staff in the USA.
- Regular instructor within Accenture’s core training curriculum, teaching in the USA, Melbourne, Sydney and Kuala Lumpur.
- Avid Long distance endurance runner, competing in numerous marathon and ultramarathon events including the Boston, New York and Berlin Marathons and Australia’s North Face and UTA 100 Ultra Marathons in the Blue Mountains.
- Skied to the South Pole as a fund-raiser for the Humpty Dumpty Foundation – a Sydney-based Charity, personally raising more than $100,000.
- Scout Leader and qualified bushwalking leader with numerous solo and group expeditions throughout New South Wales and Tasmania including a recent expedition to Everest Base Camp in Nepal.